Wizard Wednesday Recap, 2021-10-13
Forgotten Runes is a Featured Coinbase NFT Partner!
Dotta: "It’s about time for OpenSea to have a real competitor." Elf: Coinbase has 68 million customers that will be exposed to Wizards. Compared to OpenSea, that has a couple hundred thousand." Dotta: We can’t make any claims about specifically what Coinbase will do, but it seems very likely that people using their platform will get exposure to Wizards.
Advice: Put Your Wizard in the Book of Lore
Elf: Put your wizard in the Book of Lore, and this will serve as your "proof-of-lore." You can get whitelisted for extra “goodies”. Lachness made a really cool D&D-style character sheet. It can serve as a template for you to figure out your Wizard’s story. Find it in the web site blog post (how to access all the goodies).
Updates About the Sacred Flames
The FRWC team repeated the basics of the Sacred Flame drop and usage (see last week’s notes for the details). Burning order DOES matter. But no other hints were given.
Rarity outcomes - this will depend on what your fellow wizards burn. So it cannot be known beforehand. For example, if all the bell-holding wizards are burned, the outcome is different than if only one of them was burned. The background color also passes through the flame, and “something” happens.
Future utility for Sacred Flames besides the burning? On Discord, Dotta had said “the flames will be good for burning more than just wizards.” He meant it from a technical aspect, so other projects, in theory, could accept a flame token, and give something back. But there are no plans for anything like that currently by the Forgotten Runes team. So don’t keep it just because you think you could use it for something else in the future. Before you burn your Wizard, write your Wizard’s lore first. After your Wizard token is burned, you will no longer be able to write lore for them. You WILL be able to write Lore for your Soul, but what Lore could be written about a pile of dust?
Forgotten Runes Website Update
Elf: We gave the website a revamp. Dotta and I wrote a bunch of new blog posts:
- How to get access to all the goodies (GM generator, turnarounds, wizard portraits, etc.)
- Post on decentralized world-building
- Post on the principles of Forgotten Runes
Cult Content Shoutouts
- Chuck K. for translating the new blog posts to Japanese
- Magus Wazir for kobold run game.
- Beervanger: Wizard Davos illustration.
- Solokeep (Sage Solomon of the Keep): Psychedelic illustration
- smolprotecc: Legend of Zelda meme
- Magus Tumbaj: Sorcerer’s Apprentice meme
- Henboyd: Tavern scenes
- Tikiteki.eth: 3D printed wizard
- retiredyieldfarmer: Commissioned illustration of some of the familiars, looked like neopets